At the end of 2013, TSIA published a book titled B4B: How Technology and Big Data Are Reinventing
the Customer-Supplier Relationship. The book overviews several trends that are impacting the
business models of technology companies.
1. Growing importance of service revenues.
2. Changing economic engines.
3. Emergence of Level 3 and Level 4 service offerings.
4. Commoditization of Level 2 offers.
5. Changing role of services.
These general industry trends are clearly impacting the world of managed services.
Click this link to read full article by George Humphrey, the Technology Services Industry Association: